Chall-lunge!

I am such a sucker for a challenge.

I was lounging over at Miss Attitude’s site, Reading In Color, and saw the link to Story Siren’s YA/MG 2010 Challenge. The objective is to read a set number of YA and MG books by authors debuting in 2010.

What I love about this is, it forces you to keep it fresh.

I, for one, am notorious for crawling into my comfort zone when it comes to reading. #1 It saves time when I go to pick out books and #2 I pal around with too many authors, so I’m always reading the books of my friends or those they recommend – leaving little to no time to explore anything else.

But I like this challenge and while I’m just now finding the time to read regularly again AND the third in the Catching Fire series comes out next August, so that’s already one book on my 2010 TBR list, I think I’ll join this challenge and attempt to read at least six debut authors in 2010.

My 2010 Debut TBR List

Bleeding Violet, Dia Reeves

The Cinderella Society, Kay Cassidy

Tell Me A Secret, Holly Cupala

Eighth-Grade Superzero, Olugbemisola Rhuday Perkovich

Split, Swati Avasthi

The Naughty List, Suzanne Young

I’d love to see other folks take on this challenge, remembering to keep their debut rosters diverse and patronizing books by debut authors of color. When possible, we’ll certainly be sure to bring those authors to your attention.

All that’s left for you is to join up.

*****************************************************
Paula Chase is the author of The Del Rio Bay series. Say the word challenge and she’s there!

10 Responses to Chall-lunge!

1. MissAttitude says:

I’m excited for this challenge! I think I may have signed up for too many…. ah well :p

2. holly cupala says:

Paula! What a thrill to be on your list! Thank you.

3. Paula Chase says:

Shh Holly. You weren’t supposed to out that we were friends as I was trying to make pretend I was stepping “out” of my comfort zone. :-)

4. Ms. Yingling says:

I added most of these to my to be read list. Thanks!

5. tanita says:

Hey, Paula I’m under the gun busy, but the I Challenge That Dare Not Speak Its Name, which I saw at Reading in Color, would be a SERIOUS challenge, and it sounds so good…

Hey- have you heard about Tu Publishing? A small press for multicultural SFF for kids and young adults. Do check it out.

6. Kay Cassidy says:

Thank you so much for including me in your debut author challenge reads, Paula! You just made my day. :-)

7. Shelia says:

I haven’t come up with my list yet, but you’ve given me a head start :)

8. paulahy says:

Tanita, I did hear about Tu. Been meaning to blog about it.

I’m almost afraid to check out the Reading in Color challenge. LOL

9. YAY! Thanks for joining the challenge! It’s going to be so much fun! And you’ve got a great list of books! Good luck!

10. Thanks for including Split on your list! Happy 2010 reading.