Shining The Spotlight

If busy people only get busier, the Brown Bookshelf members are in trouble.

You submitted names. We did the literary background checks. And after sixty days of intense research, we’re proud to present the 28 authors and four illustrators we’re highlighting for 28 Days Later.

Did your favorite jewel or best kept secret make the list?

Key:
Authors in bold are vanguard authors
Illustrator spotlights are in italics

Feb 1 Christopher Paul Curtis - Elijah of Buxton

Feb 2 Michelle Meadows – The Way The Storm Stops

Feb 3 Dana Davidson – Played

Feb 4 Rita Williams-Garcia – No Laughter Here

Feb 5 G. Neri – Chess Rumble & Sean Qualls – Phillis’s Big Test

Feb 6 Janice N. Harrington – The Chicken-Chasing Queen of Lamar County

Feb 7 Eleanora E. Tate – Celeste’s Harlem Renaissance

Feb 8 Patricia McKissack – The All-I’ll-Ever-Want Christmas Doll

Feb 9 M. Sindy Felin – Touching Snow

Feb 10 Jabari Asim – Daddy Goes To Work

Feb 11 Mildred D. Taylor – The Road To Memphis

Feb 12 Nina Crews – The Neighborhood Mother Goose & Leonard Jenkins – Sweet Land of Liberty

Feb 13 Nnedi Okorafor-Mbachu – The Shadow Speaker

Feb 14 Allison Whittenberg – Sweet Thang

Feb 15 Walter Dean Myers - Game

Feb 16 Tonya Bolden – George Washington Carver

Feb 17 Troy Cle – The Marvelous Effect

Feb 18 Eloise Greenfield – The Friendly Four

Feb 19 Sundee T. Frazier – Brendan Buckley’s Universe and Everything In It & John Holyfield – Bessie Smith & the Night Riders

Feb 20 Carole Boston Weatherford – I, Matthew Henson: Polar Explorer

Feb 21 Karen English – Nikki & Deja

Feb 22 Coe Booth – Tyrell

Feb 23 Irene Smalls – My Pop Pop and Me

Feb 24 Stephanie Perry Moore – Prayed Up: Perry Skky Jr. #4

Feb 25 Kyra E. Hicks, Martha Ann’s Quilt for Queen Victoria

Feb 26 Celise Downs – Dance Jam Productions & Shane Evans- When Harriet Met Sojourner

Feb 27 Valerie Wilson Wesley – Willimena Rules!: 23 Ways to mess up Valentine’s Day

Feb 28 Sherri L. Smith – Sparrow

***********

Click here to download the poster!

8 Responses to Shining The Spotlight

1. Greg Neri says:

Nice. But you should do a jpg of the poster. Most people won’t have the fonts needed for this poster to show up complete in PDF form…

2. Jason says:

Hopefully it is just me, but I’m getting an error on your PDF poster download where it can’t recognize the text. I’ll check back to see if others are having issues too! Great list!

3. Don says:

Thanks for the feedback. Please pardon my mess while I try to fix this file. Thought I had all the bugs worked out over the weekend.

4. Paula says:

Just checking in to say I’ve had issues too. But am now wondering if it’s my Acrobat, as you pointed out earlier Don. The version you sent me over the weekend loaded immediately. But I was on my laptop.

5. It wouldn’t load for me at work but here at the library, it loads just fine and looks great.

6. Don says:

Thanks all. The poster should work now. I could offer up a jpg image, but I’m afraid the small text will be bitmapped and unreadable. The pdf version that is now available does not have any fonts…all text has been converted to outlines and should read and print sharp. If anyone else has problems downloading, please speak up, and I will go about finding another fix.

7. Tricia says:

This is fabulous! We will get a bonus (surprise) for leap day?

8. Sabra says:

Yeah!!! Can’t wait to post! You guys are so awesome and I am proud to be a partner with such a wonderful literary group of people. This is great…